OpenOrienteering Mapper is an orienteering mapmaking utility and offers a free to use alternative to the actual proprietary solution. Its principal advantages compared to it are:
- Open Source: the application is fully free, every developer can improve it.
- Cross-platform: the software works on Windows, Android, Mac OS X and Linux.
While it is under constant development and treated in beta state, it has been used to create maps for classical orienteering, MTBO and radio orienteering races. All needed options for drawing maps are added and the application works very good. So it can be treated like is ready for productive use, although it is like always a useful idea to save backups of your documents.
Essential features of the actual version include:
- Native ISOM 2000 (forest) or ISSOM 2007 (sprint) symbol sets
- Import or export of ocd maps and symbol sets (import: variant 6 - 11, export: variant 8)
- Working with various types of templates:
* Images (jpg, bmp, png, tif, gif)
* Vector data (dxf, osm)
* Maps (ocd, omap, xmap)
* GPS tracks (gpx)
- Working with all essential symbol kinds:
* Composite symbols
- Drawing and many editing tools for objects
- Printing, PDF and raster picture export for obtaining the map into course setting applications
- Complex options like overprinting simulation, various map cutouts, symbol set substitution, and much more
- Impressive import and export capabilities.
- Manage items and tweak other options.
|Developer||Thomas Schöps | see all products from this developer|
|Product Homepage||OpenOrienteering Mapper|
|Last Week Downloads||12|
|All Time Downloads||1,536|
|OS Support||Windows All|
|Category||Design & Photo|
100% CLEAN Certification
OpenOrienteering Mapper has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.