Audacity is a free and easy to use, multi track audio editor and recorder. The user interface is translated in many languages.
You can use the Audacity tool to:
- Live audio recording
- Recording for computer playback on any Windows Vista operating system or later.
- Converting old tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit WAV, FLAC, AIFF, MP3, MP2 and Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- WMA, M4A or M4R (AAC), AC3, and other formats are supported using alternative libraries.
- Cut, splice, copy, or mix sounds in the same time.
- Diverse range of effects including the ability to change the pitch or speed of a recording.
Import and Export Feature
- Import and export option for WAV, AU, AIFF, FLAC or Ogg Vorbis files.
- Fast import option of WAV and AIFF files if the files are read directly from source.
- Export and import all formats supported by libsndfile like GSM 6.10, and U/A-Law, 32-bit or 64-bit float WAV, RF64.
- Importing MPEG audio (along with MP2 or MP3 files) using libmad.
- Importing raw audio files
- Create WAV and AIFF files applicable for burning them to audio CD.
- Exporting MP3 files with the available LAME encoder library.
- Import and export AC3, M4A and M4R (AAC) or WMA with the alternative FFmpeg library
- Excellent resources.
- Lots of effects.
- Takes a little bit of time to get used to the system.
|Developer||Audacity Developer Team | see all products from this developer|
|Last Week Downloads||8|
|All Time Downloads||15,875|
|OS Support||Windows All|
|Category||Audio & Video|
100% CLEAN Certification
Audacity has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.