WinRAR can be used to decompress GZIP, ACE, CAB and many other archive formats.
WinRAR is a popular archive manager used to backup data, to reduce the size of email attachments, to decompress file archives and to create new RAR/ZIP archives. WinRAR is free to try before purchasing by installing the trial version.
- WinRAR has some advantages over competition such as compression by consistently making smaller archives wich saves disk space and transfer costs.
- WinRAR offers full assistance managing RAR and ZIP archives and it can be used to decompress 7Z, ARJ, ACE, CAB, GZ, LZH, TAR, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO and Z archives.
- WinRAR has a graphic interface based on mouse functionality and a command line interface also.
- If you buy WinRAR you get a complete technology, you don't need to purchase any add-ons to create self-extracting files.
- WinRAR has the "Wizard" mode which facilitates access to the basic functions through a simple question and answer interface. This avoids confusion and is very helpful for a new user.
- Winrar uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) with 128bits key.
- WinRAR can manage archives up to a size of 8,589 billion gigabytes. The number of processed files is unlimited for all practical purposes.
- With WinRAR you can create multivolume and selfextracting archives.
- WinRAR can help you to reconstruct physically damaged archives.
- WinRAR is permanently developed to keep the application ahead of the competitors.
- With WinRAR you can spare some space on your harddisks by archiving your files.
- WinRAR is useful for .rar files and for many other archive types.
- Some of the WinRAR features can be confusing for the new users.
- WinRAR can use a lot of your system resurces for some of its actions.
|Version||5.21 Beta 1|
|Developer||RARLAB | see all products from this developer|
|License||Free to try (Shareware)|
|Last Week Downloads||51|
|All Time Downloads||3,722,435|
|OS Support||Windows All|
100% CLEAN Certification
WinRAR has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.