Periodically you need to verify spelling in a program that does not contain a spelling checker and you don't want to user your word processor just for that. This is when tinySpell becomes useful. It is a small tool that enables you to simply and quickly verify and rectify the spelling in any Windows program. tinySpell can monitor your typing and alert you whenever it finds a misspelled word.
When a misspelled word is discovered, click the tinySpell taskbar icon or use the hot-key to pop up a list of proposed replacement words. If the misspelled word is discovered during on-the-fly checking or after a word is copied to the clipboard you can choose a correction from the list. The picked word is added into your document, or is copied to the clipboard (giving you the option to paste it in your file), or both (depending on your settings).
tinySpell (completely free to use - no adware, spyware, nagware, etc.)
- Controls orthography in any Microsoft Windows program
- Controls orthography on-the-fly (alerts if the last typed word was spelled incorrectly)
- Controls orthography of text that is copied to the clipboard
- Grants you to determine programs for which tinySpell is disabled and enabled
- Grants you to add words to the dictionary
- Optionally alerts on error (beep sound can be simply set to any wav file)
- Optionally shows a spelling tip
- Opens replacements list with a simple mouse click or a hot-key
- Optionally inserts the selected replacement word into the document
- Optionally copies the selected replacement word to the clipboard
- Offers simple access to on-line web services (Thesaurus, Search, Dictionary, Encyclopedia)
- Easy Enable and Disable
- Uses low system resources
- Easy to install.
- Very small footprint used on disc, very small memory usage.
- Doesn't show misspellings in the entire text.
- Very difficult to uninstall.
|Developer||KEDMI Scientific Computing | see all products from this developer|
|License||Free to try (Shareware)|
|Last Week Downloads||1|
|All Time Downloads||353|
|OS Support||Windows All|
100% CLEAN Certification
tinySpell+ has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.