Take Command is a lightweight and comprehensive Graphical User Interface (GUI) designed for Windows command line that will give more power to your Windows command prompts and will make them easier to use. The application also provides tabbed console windows, Explorer-style integration, and important improvements to the standard CMD commands (DEL, MOVE, COPY, SET, and START). The program will also add more than 160 new commands to your system and provides significantly improved command line editing capabilities. File name and directory completion and many other features are also available.
Take Command can be also used as a powerful batch file programming tool, delivering various extensions and functions such as SWITCH statements, system monitoring, error and exception handling, DO loops, and more. The program's built-in IDE (Integrated Development Environment) features an advanced batch debugger and a sophisticated editor, as series of efficient third-party plugins, and more than 620 variables and functions.
- You can use numerous command prompts and user interface applications at the same time in tabbed windows, including the CMD, Take Command Console, bash or PowerShell.
- The embedded file explorer enables you to identify directories and drag and drop documents to the tabbed command prompt windows.
- The TCC scripting language is a large superset of the CMD command prompt commands, including 200 internal commands, 338 internal functions, and 282 system variables. Nearly all of the CMD command prompt commands (e.g. COPY, DIR, DEL, START, DIR, etc.) are improved with a lot of of additional features, and TCC adds nearly 160 new commands.
- The interface is well-designed and provides increased functionality and efficiency.
- The application may also be used as a batch file programming tool.
- This program is only for advanced users.
- This software product is quite expensive.
|Version||23.00 Build 29|
|Developer||JP Software | see all products from this developer|
|Product Homepage||Take Command|
|License||Free to try (Shareware)|
|Last Week Downloads||4|
|All Time Downloads||3,116|
|OS Support||Windows All|
100% CLEAN Certification
Take Command has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.