SystemRescueCD is a Linux system on a bootable CD-ROM for fixing your system or restoring your information after a crash. It aims to offer a simple manner to carry out admin actions on your PC, such as generating and editing the partitions of the hard drive. It includes a lot of system tools (partimage, parted, fstools) and basic options (midnight commander, editors, network tools). It is very simple to use: just boot the CDROM. The kernel handles most of the essential file systems (ext2/ext3, iso9660, reiser4, reiserfs, xfs, vfat, jfs, ntfs), and network filesystems (samba or nfs).
Here are some of the essential system tools:
- GNU Parted is the greatest utility for editing your drive partitions under linux
- Partimage is a Ghost and Drive-image clone for Linux
- GParted is a Partition Magic clone for Linux
- Reinstall the most regular bootloaders used with Linux
- File systems tools (reiserfsprogs, e2fsprogs, xfsprogs, reiser4progs, ntfsprogs, jfsutils, dosfstools) permits you to format, resize, debug an actual partition of your hard drive
- Sfdisk enables you to backup and recover your partition table
- Test-disk tool restores missing partitions and makes non-booting disks bootable again; handles reiserfs, fat32, ntfs, ext2/3 and many others
- Rsnapshot is a filesystem snapshot tool for making backups of local and remote systems
- EVMS (Enterprise Volume Management System) is a strong logical volume manager
- Floppy drive images (MemTest+, FreeDos, Gag, Ranish Partition Manager, Aida)
- Programs that offer other important services such as archiving, CD/DVD burning, file editing, anti-virus scanning, web browsing, and safe deletion
- The application includes a rich collection of file system tools.
- The program helps you easily restore missing partitions.
|Developer||SystemRescueCD | see all products from this developer|
|Last Week Downloads||9|
|All Time Downloads||1,391|
|OS Support||Windows All|