Scythebill is a desktop utility for birders to keep track of their life lists and birding documents. There's a lot of great birdlist applications and birding software available today on the market, but:
- Scythebill is free to use (and will remain so).
- Scythebill is easy to use. It takes very little time to get started.
- Scythebill is strong - loads of options, like flipping among the Clements and IOC checklists
- Scythebill is cross-platform - you don't have to lose your beloved list just because you shift from Mac to Microsoft Windows to Linux.
- Scythebill is open-source, so anyone can commit to its development.
Scythebill offers a lot of useful features. Some of the highlights:
- Complete eBird and Clements checklist, containing all subspecies and groups.
- IOC World Bird List handling, including subspecies or names in over 20 languages.
- Flip among the taxonomies quickly - no need to select just one.
- Quick species entry ("select your own abbreviation"), including more than 7000 alternate names.
- Rapid reports - fast processing of hundreds of thousands of records.
- Simple and clean user interface.
- Hundreds of checklists - almost all of the world's countries; all Canadian, US, and Australian states; and many UK counties.
- Export to eBird, and import from BirdBase, Avisys, BirdLasser, eBird, and more.
- As much location detail as you desire
- Embedded "geocoding" - Scythebill discovers the latitude and longitude for you around the world
- Add hybrids and "spuhs" (Willow and Alder Flycatcher, for example)
- Multiple methods to add entries.
- Browse through a rich collection of sightings.
|Developer||Adam Winer | see all products from this developer|
|Last Week Downloads||1|
|All Time Downloads||189|
|OS Support||Win 7/8/8.1/Vista/XP|
|Category||Home & Education|