RogueKiller is an antimalware software developed in C++ and able to find and remove malwares and some threats such as worms, rootkits, rogues.
Based on general ways to discover malwares by their demeanor (heuristics), on classic antimalware analysis (signature finding) and on not documented hacks, RogueKiller is able to find and remove most of the basic malwares and some complex threats like ZeroAccess or TDSS that function more like rootkits.
RogueKiller is a small antimalware managed by a small team, and so new detections are based on most increased threats.
Here is a little summary of what RogueKiller is capable to do:
- Stop vicious processes
- Stop vicious services
- Unload vicious DLLs from processes
- Find or Kill vicious hidden processes
- Find and delete vicious autostart entries, including :
- Registry keys (RUN or RUNONCE)
- Tasks Scheduler (1.0 and 2.0)
- Startup folders
Discover and delete registry hijacks, including :
- Shell and Load entries
- Read or Fix Proxy Hijacks
- Read or Fix Hosts Hijacks
- Restore shortcuts or files undisclosed by rogues of type Fake HDD
- RogueKiller is a GUI-ed tool, so its simple to use. However, one can have problems to interpret the results and know what needs to be fixed. This is normal and malware elimination is somewhat difficult.
- Powerful and fast, capable of finding and removing malware where other software couldn't.
- It doesn't require installation.
- Some advanced computer knowledge is necessary for using this software.
- Some false positive alerts may occur during scan and the software will also delete useful files.
|Developer||Adlice Software | see all products from this developer|
|Last Week Downloads||19|
|All Time Downloads||2,261|
|OS Support||Windows All|
100% CLEAN Certification
RogueKiller has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.