PWGen screenshotPWGen is a professional password creator able of making big amounts of cryptographically-secure passwords, pronounceable passwords, pattern based passwords, and passphrases residing of words from word lists. It works with a "random pool" method based on powerful cryptography to create random information from indeterministic user inputs (mouse handling, keystrokes) and elusive system parameters. PWGen offers lots of features to customize passwords to the users' numerous needs. Also, it grants heavy text encryption and the making of random data files (e.g., key files).
PWGen can mix passwords with passphrases in order to make a strong lock. To put it simple, also the elements of the picked character set the application can also add words; you determine how many.
More possibilities in the advanced features panel are redefining the unclear characters (reloading the character set is needed) and designating the maximum length of words in the word lists.
Another feature to strengthen the created password is the use of entropy bits. This is ready to use in the lower part of the program window. Just wait for the random pool to fill up and then hit the button for creating the password.
- Free and open-source software
- Complete Unicode support
- Numerous password features for various purposes
- Uses up-to-date cryptography (AES, SHA-256)
- "Password hasher" functionality (similar to "Hashapass")
- Creation of big amounts of passwords at once
- Creation of passphrases composed of words from word lists
- Pattern-based password generation
- Creation of phonetic (pronounceable) passwords
- Safe text encryption
- Multilingual support
- Unobtrusive, completely portable, functions on all 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows variants
- Creates up to 2 billion exclusive passwords.
- PDF manual included.
|Developer||PWGen (Open Source) | see all products from this developer|
|Last Week Downloads||0|
|All Time Downloads||373|
|OS Support||Windows All|
100% CLEAN Certification
PWGen has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.