Public DNS Server Tool is a small program for changing the DNS servers in Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows 8 on the fly.
In the past few years, a lot of public DNS servers have been made available for everyone's use. Some of them are Google, OpenDNS, Comodo Secure, Norton etc. These DNS servers grant many security and protection layers additionally to being very fast. Even though these public DNS servers are ready to use for everyone, setting up DNS servers in Microsoft Windows is not an easy job.
The program has been tested to work in Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit), Windows Vista SP2 (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit) and Windows 8 (64-bit).
You can work with a Public DNS Server Tool to immediately switch to a preset match of public DNS servers. Currently, it has eight preset matches of DNS servers:
- Google Public DNS
- OpenDNS FamilyShield (blocks sites not suitable for family)
- Norton ConnectSafe A (ban malicious sites)
- Norton ConnectSafe B (ban malicious sites + pornography sites)
- Norton ConnectSafe C (ban malicious sites + pornography sites + non-family sites)
- Comodo Secure DNS (ban malicious sites)
- The application is light on system resources and easy to use.
- Eight preset matches of DNS servers are available.
|Name||Public DNS Server Tool|
|Developer||TrishTech.com | see all products from this developer|
|Product Homepage||Public DNS Server Tool|
|Last Week Downloads||10|
|All Time Downloads||792|
|OS Support||Windows All|
100% CLEAN Certification
Public DNS Server Tool has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.