The English language doesn't have a very good correspondence between pronunciation and spelling. This means that a word's spelling won't always reflect its pronunciation well. At the same time, its pronunciation will not reflect its spelling either. E.g. the group of letters "ea" has a wide range of diverse pronunciations in words like "steak", "bread", "reality", "create", "speak", "Korea", and "ocean". This fact will affect two categories of people:
- Children: in some English-speaking countries are able to speak fluently, but they still have to learn reading and writing correctly.
- People who learn English their second language: these people may have some problems hearing or saying a word, even if they are familiar with its' written form.
Phonetically Intuitive English (PIE) is an application which is capable of solving the above problems easily and effectively. The application will make pronunciation crystal clear by showing diacritics on normal English words.
- Makes easy the process of learning English as a second language.
- Helps children to read and write correctly.
- You will have to know the meaning of all the glyphs.
Download the free Phonetically Intuitive English (PIE)