OkMap is an interactive application which enables you to work on your PC display with digital maps that you have either scanned or bought. The program can also import vectorial information from the most popular formats and DEM information relevant to height information.
Through these maps, you can sort your paths by making waypoints, routes or tracks on your PC monitor, and upload this information to your GPS device. OkMap sets directly altitude information and approximates the travel times. Also, OkMap provides you also with geocoding and autorouting options.
Data from by your GPS device can be downloaded on your PC, saved and displayed on the maps. They can also be used to make various types of statistics.
By connecting a GPS device to your laptop, you can plan your position on maps in real-time. If you are linked to the network you can continually send your position to a remote PC, or get the position of your friends on your PC and display the relevant tracks on maps in real time.
The software can also work Google Maps and Google Earth. With Google Maps you can see the maps and data of your interest. With Google Earth you can see the paths and your maps in 3D also.
OkMap contains a feature to create automatically suitable Garmin Custom Maps (KMZ format) and maps in OruxMaps format. This options offers map tiling from and to various image file formats (containing ECW map format). You are allowed to select KML extensions 2.2 (if the GPS supports them), the image resizing, the JPEG quality, KML transparency, the draw organization, and so on. You can also select the tiles to create an output.
- Calibration and display raster maps (more than 30 image formats)
- Shows vectorial maps
- Shows hybrid maps (raster and vectorial data)
- 10 cartographic projections of the most used
- Capability to open numerous maps at the same time
- Representation of coordinates in: degrees, degrees-minutes-seconds, degrees-minutes, UTM, ECEF, US National Grid, Georef, British Grid, Irish Grid
- Database with more than 700 datum
- Database with more than 3000 predefined projections by geographic area
- Seeing 3D raster maps on Google Earth (for compatible image formats)
- Map add-ons administration (comments and icons)
- Make a map from scratch.
- Google Maps integration.
- Outdated design.
- Steep learning curve.
|Developer||Gian Paolo Saliola | see all products from this developer|
|License||Free to try (Shareware)|
|Last Week Downloads||2|
|All Time Downloads||2,907|
|OS Support||Windows All|
|Category||Design & Photo|
100% CLEAN Certification
OkMap has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.