Newt is a newtonian telescope design software. It ray traces the telescope examining for vignetting, enhances diagonal size, adjust baffle size and position, and a lot more. It enables you to simple and rapidly change any of the design parameters of the telescope and to see the results rapidly.
- Shows a side view of a Newtonian telescope.
- Change parameters like mirror diameter, focuser height, diagonal minor axis, focuser inside diameter, tube inside diameter and thickness, and many more.
- Use centimeters, inches, or millimeters as the unit of measure.
- Compute baffle size and placement.
- Compute diagonal offset.
- Compute fields of 100% and 75% illumination.
- Load and Save files.
- Eyepiece table includes power, focal length, apparent field, exit pupil, and true field.
- Check for minimal useable diagonal minor axis.
- Verify for vignetting at the focuser.
- Verify for vignetting of true field by top of tube.
- Compute obstruction percentages for light loss and contrast reduction.
- An invaluable freeware administrator tool.
- Retrieve all the detailed information available.
|Developer||Dale Keller | see all products from this developer|
|Last Week Downloads||8|
|All Time Downloads||755|
|OS Support||Windows All|
|Category||Home & Education|
100% CLEAN Certification
Newt has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.