Jenkins is an award winning program that oversees executions of repeated tasks, such as creating a software project or tasks run by cron. Between those things, actually Jenkins focuses on the next two tasks:
- Building and testing software projects constantly, just like DamageControl or CruiseControl. Jenkins offers an easy to use so called constantly integration system, making it simpler for developers to embed modifications to the project, and making it simpler for users to get a new build. The automated, constantly build improves the productivity.
- Overseeing executions of externally run tasks, such as procmail jobs and cron jobs, even the ones that are running on a remote computer. For instance, with cron, all you obtain is common e-mails that seize the output, and it is your responsibility to look at them carefully and observe when it broke.
- Simple installation: Run the java -jar jenkins.war file, or you can deploy it in a servlet container. No extra install, no database.
- Simple configuration: Jenkins can be customized completely from its friendly web user interface with comprehensive on-the-fly error checks and inline help. There is no need to adjust XML manually anymore, even though if you'd like to do so, you can do that, too.
- Customize set compatibility: Jenkins is able to create a list of adjustments made to the build from Subversion and CVS. This is also done in a quite efficient fashion, to lower the load on the repository.
- Permanent links: Jenkins offers you clean URLs for most of its pages, including permalinks like newest build/latest successful build, so that they can be simply linked from elsewhere.
- RSS, E-mail, IM Integration: Oversee build events by e-mail or RSS or to get real time notifications on losses.
- JUnit/TestNG test reporting: JUnit test reports can be classified, summarized, and showed with history data, such as when it started collapsing, etc. History trend is presented using a graph.
- Distributed builds: Jenkins can distribute build or test loads to numerous computers. This allows you yo get the most out of the idle workstations located beneath developers' desks.
- Jenkins can reduce the configuration considerably.
- Supports certificates or SSH usernames with private keys.
|Developer||Jenkins CI | see all products from this developer|
|Last Week Downloads||0|
|All Time Downloads||380|
|OS Support||Windows All|
100% CLEAN Certification
Jenkins has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.