GNOME Partition Editor for generating, sorting, and removing disk partitions. It works with libparted from the parted project to find and operate partition tables. Optional file system features allow managing file systems not contained in libparted.
A hard drive is normally divided into just one or other partitions. These are usually not resizable (making one partition tinier and the other one bigger). The meaning of GParted is to grant the user to take a hard drive and customize the partition organization therein, while keeping the partition contents.
This is effective for making space for new operating systems, reorganizing drive usage, copying data from on hard drive and mirroring one partition with another (disk imaging).
- Make partition tables (e.g., MSDOS, GPT)
- Generate, remove, copy, set new UUID, move, resize, check, or label partitions
- Manipulate btrfs, f2fs, ext2/3/4, FAT16/32, linux-swap, hfs/hfs+, lvm2 pv, nilfs2, reiserfs/4, NTFS, ufs, and xfs file systems
- Enable and disable partition flags (e.g., hidden, boot)
- Attempt data rescue from lost partitions
- Align partitions to mebibyte (MiB) or cylinder boundaries
- Compatible with hardware RAID, motherboard BIOS RAID, Linux software RAID
- Compatible with all sector sizes (e.g., 512, 1024, 2048, 4096 byte sectors)
- Small footprint and minimal PC requirements.
- Boots quickly; effective and reliable.
- Large download.
- You need to understand partitioning.
|Version Date||August 02, 2016, 13:31 GMT|
|Developer||gparted | see all products from this developer|
|Last Week Downloads||1|
|All Time Downloads||1,343|
|OS Support||Windows All|
100% CLEAN Certification
GParted has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.