Gajim works great with GNOME, but does not need it to run. It is released under the GNU General Public License.
- Tabbed chat window and individual window modes
- Group chat support (with Multi-User Chat protocol), invitation, chat to group chat transformation, minimize group chat to roster
- Audio and video conferences
- Emoticons, PEP, avatars (user activity, tune and mood)
- File transfer, room bookmarks
- Metacontacts compatibility
- Tray icon, speller, extended chat history functionality
- TLS, End-To-End and GPG encryption support (with SSL legacy support)
- Transport registration compatibility
- Service discovery containing nodes, user search
- Wikipedia, dictionary and search engine lookup
- Numerous accounts support
- DBus capabilities.
- Link local (bonjour and zeroconf), BOSH
- XML console
- Other options available via plugins
- Gajim is available in 29 languages: Belorussian, Basque, British, Brazilian, Bulgarian, Chinese (simplified), Czech, Croatian, Danish, Esperanto, English, French, German, Galician, Hebrew, Italian, Hungarian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Kazakh, Norwegian (Bokmål), Russian, Polish, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian and Turkish
- Offers enough documentation.
- Active developer community.
- Doesn't support multiple protocols.
|Developer||Gajim Team | see all products from this developer|
|Last Week Downloads||2|
|All Time Downloads||569|
|OS Support||Windows All|
100% CLEAN Certification
Gajim has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.