FreeArc is a modern general purpose archiver program. The principal advantage of FreeArc is fast but effective compression and large set of features.
- Free, open-source, with console and GUI variants for both Linux and Windows
- Includes PPMD, LZMA, TrueAudio and general multimedia compression algorithms with automatic switching by file type
- Filters that further enhance compression: REP (finds recurrences at the distances up to 1gb), DICT (dictionary replacements for texts), DELTA (enhances compression of tables in binary data), BCJ (executables preproccesor) and LZP (removes recurrences in texts)
- Special compression algorithms are used in quick compression modes
- 11 compression algorithms and filters are bundled (compared to 3 in 7-zip and 7 in RAR) and this number still becomes larger
- Clever file sorting that groups identical files together and completely customizable sorting order further enhance compression
- FreeArc works 2 to 5 times faster than best tools in every compression class (7-zip, ccm, uharc -mz, rar, pkzip) while maintaining the same compression ratio; from technical grounds, it’s superior to any existing compressor
|Developer||Bulat Ziganshin | see all products from this developer|
|Last Week Downloads||18|
|All Time Downloads||25,330|
|OS Support||Win Vista/2000/NT 4.x/XP|
100% CLEAN Certification
FreeArc has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.