Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) grants custom resolutions to be determined for both AMD or ATI and NVIDIA graphic cards by making EDID overrides automatically in the registry files without having to work with inf files.
This tool adds monitor resolutions, not scaled resolutions. Inferior resolutions will be scaled up if GPU scaling is on, but better resolutions won't be scaled down by the GPU. Better resolutions will only work if the monitor is compatible with them.
Timing ways for detailed resolutions:
- Automatic - LCD standard (formerly "Automatic - Best for LCD") uses timing parameters usually used with LCD monitors and HDTVs.
- Manual enables the timing parameters to be set manually. The dialog will always open in this way.
- Automatic - CRT standard uses timing parameters compatible with CRT monitors.
- Automatic - LCD reduced customizing the timing parameters for particular resolutions to lower the pixel clock. This may be useful when trying higher refresh rates.
Single link HDMI and DVI are restricted to 165 MHz pixel clock if the driver is patched:
- NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
- AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
|Name||Custom Resolution Utility|
|Developer||Custom Resolution Utility | see all products from this developer|
|Product Homepage||Custom Resolution Utility|
|Last Week Downloads||28|
|All Time Downloads||966|
|OS Support||Win 7/8/Vista/XP|
100% CLEAN Certification
Custom Resolution Utility has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.