Creating a news server on your PC may not be the simplest job, but with the assistance of the correct program, you can get the task done with the slightest effort entailed, fully configuring it within moments.
Among such program solutions, you can give a try to CodoSoft NNTPd, a practical and quite straightforward program permitting you to make the server on a favorite domain, and administrate newsgroups as well as its users.
CodoSoft NNTPd is a NNTP (v2) server and proxy aiming the use at home, in small or medium enterprises or working groups (under 500 users).
Free to use, easy to install and manage, it nevertheless includes advanced functionality :
- Functions as a Microsoft Windows service on all platforms (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Add a NNTP proxy (Push and pull peering) to exchange articles with external servers,
- Completely multi-threaded,
- Management interface with preview of articles,
- IP v4 and v6 and safe connections over SSL,
- Complex access rights for reading and posting,
- Can restrict the best number of connections on the server, by IP or authenticated user,
- Can restrict the number of headers, the amount of Newsgroups or Followup-To and can take action on old headers,
- Capability to accept or decline articles with attachments, depending on the newsgroups in which they are posted,
- Assistance for moderated and hidden newsgroups,
- Auto-prevention against double posts,
- Fast and easy setup
- Create and administrate your news server.
- Some IT knowledge or experience with Usenet servers is required.
|Version||2.1 Build 230|
|Developer||CodoSoft | see all products from this developer|
|Product Homepage||CodoSoft NNTPd|
|Last Week Downloads||0|
|All Time Downloads||72|
|OS Support||Windows All|
100% CLEAN Certification
CodoSoft NNTPd has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.