Clonezilla is a partition and drive imaging or cloning program comparable to True Image or Norton Ghost. It aids you to do system unfolding, bare metal backup and restoring. Two kinds of Clonezilla are ready to use, Clonezilla live or Clonezilla SE (server edition). Clonezilla live is perfect for unqiue machine backup and recovery. While Clonezilla SE is for large deployment, it is able to clone many (40 plus!) computers at the same time. Clonezilla saves and recovers only used parts in the hard disk. This improves the clone performance. With some modern hardware in a 42-node cluster, a multicast recovering at rate 8 GB/min was reported.
- Many File systems are handled: (1) ext3, ext2, ext4, reiserfs, jfs, reiser4, xfs, btrfs and f2fs of GNU/Linux, FAT16, (2) FAT12, FAT32, NTFS of Microsoft Windows, (3) HFS+ of Mac OS, (4) UFS of FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD, (5) minix of Minix, and (6) VMFS3 and VMFS5 of VMWare ESX. Therefore you can clone MS windows, GNU/Linux, Intel-based Mac OS, NetBSD, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Minix, VMWare ESX and Chrome OS and Chromium OS, no matter it's 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x86-64) OS. For these file systems, only used parts in partition are saved and recovered.
- LVM2 (LVM variant 1 is not) under GNU/Linux is compatible.
- Boot loader, containing grub (variant 1 and variant 2) and syslinux, could be reinstalled.
- Both GPT and MBR partition formats of hard drive are compatible.
- Unattended mode is compatible.
- One image recovering to numerous local devices is handled.
- Image could be secured.
- Multicast is compatible in Clonezilla SE, which is good for big clone.
- AES-256 security could be used to secures information access, transfer and storage.
- Quick and easy to use.
- Clonezilla supports numerous file systems at a time.
|Developer||Clonezilla | see all products from this developer|
|Last Week Downloads||1|
|All Time Downloads||234|
|OS Support||Windows All|