CCextractor is a program that examines video files and makes independent subtitle files from the closed subtitle data. CCExtractor is small, portable, and very fast.
It is possible to merge CCExtractor in a bigger process. A couple of tools already name CCExtractor as part of their video action.
There are various reasons to have subtitles divided from the video file, including:
- Closed captions never handle MPEG handling. If you take a MPEG file and transform it to any type (such as divx), your result file will not have closed captions. It means that if you want to hold the subtitles, you need to keep the authentic file. This is hardly useful if you are storing HDTV videos for example.
- Subtitles files are tiny - so small that you can download them, or send by email, etc, in case you own a video without subtitles.
- Subtitles files are indexable: You can keep a database with all your subtitles if you want, so you can search the dialogs.
- Closed captions are stored in many various formats by capture cards. If you are installing a new video card which comes with a completely new media player, it's possible that you won't be able to use your formerly recorded closed captions, even if the audio and video are good.
- Closed captions need a closed caption decoder. All US TV have one, but no European TV does, since there are not closed captions in Europe.
- Comprehensive tool with tons of options and features.
- Professional results.
- Not the most user-friendly interface.
- It does not support adjusting the timing of subtitles.
|Developer||CCextractor | see all products from this developer|
|Last Week Downloads||1|
|All Time Downloads||822|
|OS Support||Windows All|
|Category||Audio & Video|
100% CLEAN Certification
CCextractor has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.