Apache LuceneTM is a high performance, full featured text search system library written completely in Java. It is a technology perfect for almost any program that needs full-text search, specially cross-platform.
Apache Lucene is an open source project free to use.
Powerful, Efficient and Accurate Search Algorithms
- ranked searching - best results returned first
- many strong query types: wildcard queries, phrase queries, proximity queries, range queries and many more
- fielded searching (e.g. author, title, contents)
- sorting by any field
- multiple index searching with mixed results
- allows numerous update and searching
- malleable faceting, highlighting, joins and result grouping
- fast, memory effective and typo tolerant suggesters
- configurable storage engine (codecs)
- pluggable ranking models, including the Vector Space Model and Okapi BM25
- Available as Open Source program under the Apache License which lets you work with Lucene in both commercial and Open Source programs
- Completely pure Java
- Implementations in other programming languages available that are index-compatible
- Offers support for highlighting, as well as for joins and result grouping.
- The software packs high-performance indexing.
|Developer||Apache Software Foundation | see all products from this developer|
|Product Homepage||Apache Lucene|
|Last Week Downloads||1|
|All Time Downloads||842|
|OS Support||Windows All|
100% CLEAN Certification
Apache Lucene has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.