0 A.D. (pronounced “zero-ey-dee”) is a free to play, open-source, historical Real Time Strategy (RTS) game actually under development by Wildfire Games, a global organization of volunteer game developers. As the chief of an ancient civilization, you must collect the resources you require to create a military force and dominate your enemies.
- Cross-platform: 0 A.D. is set to function on Microsoft Windows, Linux and OS X.
- Exclusive civilizations: In 0 A.D. every civilization is different in its appearance or gameplay, including structures, units, and technology trees.
- Citizen soldiers: Some cavalry and infantry units can not just fight, but also obtain resources and make buildings, making them considerably more versatile than in typical RTS games.
- Technology tradeoffs: Some systems are arranged in pairs, and within every pair, you can only research one technology at most in every game. This choice is irrevocable, so choose wise.
- Unit formations: Organize your units in historical battle formations from the Phalanx to the Testudo and receive bonuses, such as improved armor.
Realism and Authenticity
- World map realism: Random maps are created after the actual geography of the old world with real plants, animals or terrain.
- Original historical details: Designs of units, buildings or technologies all reflect the hallmarks of every civilization.
Make the game your own
- Translation and locale assistance: Play 0 A.D. in a lot of languages.
- Strong map editor: Create landscapes with a palette of a large range of terrains, create majestic cities and determine the place of the sun in the Atlas Editor, your tool to create intricately detailed maps in 0 A.D.
|Developer||wildfire Games | see all products from this developer|
|Product Homepage||0 A.D.|
|Last Week Downloads||0|
|All Time Downloads||235|
|OS Support||Windows All|