Direct Connect enables you to share files over the web without limits or restrictions. The client is fully free of advertisements and has a nice and easy to use interface. Router and firewall and support is embedded and it is easy and beneficial to use functionality like multihub connections, autoconnections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ is, based on apparent factors, the most common client on the Direct Connect network. Below are some of its important features:
- No spyware, ads, or integrated software that you don't need
- Open source program, code freely ready to use under the GNU GPL
- Joins multiple hubs in the same time
- Multiple protocol support (NMDC and ADC)
- List of bookmark similar favorite hubs and users
- Shares biga nd many files per your arrangement scheme
- Tiger Tree Hashes used for file completion
- Search among all (or selected) connected hubs by file size, type, hash or name
- Resume of downloads, with automatic search for substitute sources by TTH
- Logging options and configuration for private messages, chat, downloads, and uploads
- Automated connectivity setup with autoconfiguration of NAT-PMP and UPnP routers
- MAGNET link support for connecting to specific content
- Manual and automatic download priorities
- Saving of user's file lists for browsing and queuing
- GUI is translated into more languages using community provided Gettext .po language files
- Disjointed downloading
- NAT-Traversal support
- Bandwidth limiting capabilities
- Plugin suppor
- Provides an unlimited source of downloads.
- Offers good download speeds.
- The setup process is tedious.
- The interface's design is a bit dated.
|Developer||Jacek Sieka | see all products from this developer|
|Last Week Downloads||23|
|All Time Downloads||383,819|
|OS Support||Windows All|
100% CLEAN Certification
DC++ has been tested by Download82.com team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. Our editors will recheck this software periodically to assure that it remains clean.